The AAUP-AFT Local 6075 is jointly affiliated with the American Association of University Professors and the American Federation of Teachers. We are the 1900 Faculty and Academic Staff working at least 50% time at Wayne State University.
The AAUP-AFT Local 6075 protects and furthers the interests of WSU Faculty and Academic Staff by:
- Negotiating improvements in wages, benefits and working conditions
- Protecting members from arbitrary and discriminatory actions in violation of the contract and university policy through the grievance process and other means of representing bargaining unit members
- Ensuring leaves, sabbaticals, and other time off is available for professional development as well for balancing work and personal responsibilities
- Engaging in legislative and political action to ensure WSU is adequately funded and the interests of Faculty and Academic Staff are protected
- Seeking to enhance and preserve the quality of the University