About AAUP-AFT 6075
We are the 1900 Faculty and Academic Staff working at least 50% time at Wayne State University.
The AAUP-AFT Local 6075 is jointly affiliated with the American Association of University Professors and the American Federation of Teachers.
The AAUP-AFT Local 6075 protects and furthers the interests of WSU Faculty and Academic Staff by:
- Negotiating improvements in wages, benefits and working conditions
- Protecting members from arbitrary and discriminatory actions in violation of the contract and university policy through the grievance process and other means of representing bargaining unit members
- Ensuring leaves, sabbaticals, and other time off is available for professional development as well for balancing work and personal responsibilities
- Engaging in legislative and political action to ensure WSU is adequately funded and the interests of Faculty and Academic Staff are protected
- Seeking to enhance and preserve the quality of the University